Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, April 3, 2019

WHO DOESN’T LIKE M&M’s...ALL IT TAKES IS A LITTLE MUSIC AND MOVEMENT




The moment in time when I realized I could eat a pack of m&m’s and savor every minute of them...This was a turning point in the process of my recovery. I was a mentor to individuals struggling with eating disorders. By attaching the words Music and Movement to M&M’s I continued to write about my journey while listening to music while walking or doing cardio at the gym as I processed the who, what, where, when and why I struggled for so many years with anorexia and bulimia. 
While working with clients theough mentorconnect I asked those I worked with to do the same thing. As they better understood the root of how their eating disorder began we were able to work through those difficult diacussions that needed to take place. As each client moved forward at their own pace in recovery the imagry of m&m’s was a reward for opening up about their personal strugglea. My clients gained self compassion the more they better understood the who, what, where, when and why of their struggle with addiction. 

Music and movement was simply a way to help them to learn to expreas themselves. My clients seemed to be more open once they were living a more balanced life. Often times I would have my clients call me after doing a workbook page that had something to do with listening to a song that triggered an emotion. 
My hope is that something that seems so simple as I’ve mentioned here, you might try yourself. 
I know first hand...recovery is a process and different for every individual. 

Be patient and believe in the process. Never give up!!!

Best wishes on your journey throughout recovery! 

Below are excerpts from my memoir Misunderstood coming out in 2020🤗🤗🤗










No comments: