Powered By Blogger

Saturday, November 9, 2019

Are you happy?

While watching this wonderful film Last Christmas with five teenage girls, I witnessed a bunch of mixed emotions about what they witnessed in this film. Without giving away the ending to the film, I asked every girl individually what they thought about the film. Some were crying and some laughing... I was confused. Either way these were their reactions and I understood because the story wasn’t so straight forward as it appeared in the beginning of the movie. However, in the end the message was very clear. Now...why do I make the choice to post here on my blog? Well...as someone who struggled with eating disorders for nearly thirty years and cane from a family of four generations of eating disorders and addictions I felt very connected to the storyline. The message was very clear to me from the beginning...and not as an individual but from the voice of my eating disorder. The main character lives her life very narrow minded and selfish. She was very unhappy. I understood this because this is how eating disorders strip us of our happiness. The voice of anorexia and bulimia make you  believe their way of doing things is what’s best for us leading us down a lonely road of isolation. However, in the end I am here to tell you it is not the best road to travel. Just as the lead character learns she is happier by doing things for others would bring her joy and happiness...I too found in recovery this was a necessary component in the healing process of recovery for myself.

Today I ask that while you watch this movie...that you find new ways to fill your heart by paying it forward to opening your heart to others in need. I promise you it is a very healing experience.

Enjoy the movie!! 🎥 🍿
#ACTRESS
#PRODUCER
#WRITER
#BLOGGER

STAY TUNED FOR MY MENTAL HEALTH WORKBOOK FOR EATING DISORDERS COMING OUT IN 2020!

No comments: