Powered By Blogger

Monday, March 4, 2019

MEMORY LOSS

What motivates you? What happens when your mind wants to conquer the world but, your body begins to fail you? What happens when you start having memory loss yet your career requires countless hours of memorization? As an actress, producer and writer these are things I struggle with daily. Not only due to my history of eating disorders for over thirty years but, my diagnosis of Systemic Scleroderma.

One of the most important things I’ve learned since my diagnosis Scleroderma is LIFE WILL GO ON WITH OR WITHOUT ME! I also learned that no matter what I am going through...someone else   is suffering far greater pain and uncertainty in their life.

WE MUST GET UP, DRESS UP & FULLFILL OUR INDIVIDUAL PURPOSE IN LIFE!!

Often times things don’t appear how they look on the outside at first glance.

For instance...when I was cast in the role of Mary in the film Before The Border. I had just undergone chemotherapy two days prior to showing up on set in Pittsburgh. I recieved a call, auditioned and was cast within 24 hours I was on set. I didn’t have much time to think about how I was feeling or the lack of ability to memorize my lines. “I was a wreck!” I was less then confident. I obsessed over memorizing my lines all while on the verge of feeling like I was going to pass out.

My cast members had no idea what I was going through. As a professional it was important to maintain a positive work environment our team created on set. I found it to be helpful to dive into other peoples stories. What were they going through? This helped me tremendously. It lifted my spirits. I gained so much wisdom and understanding from my fellow cast




mates. Athough it was a challenge for me...I grew for pushing myself when I could’ve just given up and not taken the role.

So, today being motivation monday...I ask you to remind yourself you are not alone. You are only alone if you make that choice. Take a moment and ask others how they are doing. Smile at a stranger and see how it lifts your spirits!

JUST DO IT!!!

Have a great day!
Keep smiling😊

No comments: