Powered By Blogger

Monday, April 8, 2019

“Adversity doesn’t build character it reveals it!”


While having the opportunity to work on two amazing films as a producer, one of which is called Worthy a christian drama and Empty an educational non profit film about eating disorders to be offered in schools,  I recognized both linked me to all that I have gone through in my personal life.

It did not excape my mind a conversation I had with my brother who passed away of brain cancer at 31 years old. He told me to follow my dreams because he wouldn’t have the opportunity to. Not only did I recognize that...but, I was reminded of how many years I spent trapped in a viscoous cycle of anorexia, bulimia, addiction and taking care of everyone but myself...30 years😳😳😳


When my brother passed away, I felt Empty for many years. A few years after losing my brother I felt called to convert to Catholosism🙏. I prayed a lot and often about my purpose in life. I acknowledged, God helps those who helps themselves!”

I knew when god put Kaitlyn Chana the president of Reel Stories Real People in my path I had a mission to accomplish. By working towards creating an educational film with a guided curriculum for schools, I believed it would help students in higher education schools start the conversation surrounding the topic of eating disorders. It has been a challenge for sure to raise funding for this project. However, I believed without a doubt after personally struggling for thirty years with anoreixa, bulimia and nighttime eating disorder... I longed for this type of converstaion when I was  confused about my body changing during puberty. I needed to have a better understanding about eating disorders and how they not only impact my life both those around me.

During this time, I met Bruce Snyder, the director of Worthy; which is a christian drama about suicide, depression, addiction, eating disorders, infidelity and how satan takes over our minds and wrecks our lives in the blink of an eye. Bruce and I were very passionate about our lifes work as individuals to help others as well as artists.

I believed these films could change the lives of so many people stuggling with eating disorders, depression, addiction and suicidal tendencies. Bruce, Kaitlyn and I believed people are desperately looking for answers to find comfort in knowing that if we lived by faith and not by site alone god is waiting to heal each and everyone of us.

Below are a few excerpts from my memoir from a conversation I had with my brother just a couple months before he passed away.  Also, attached is a lettter my daughter wrote to my brother whom she never met. However, Isabella knew just how much of an impact my brother had on my life and surprised me with a letter to leave at his grave.

If you would like to hear more about our educational non-profit film about eating disorders called Empty you can visit our site. http://www.reelstoriesrealpeople.org/

If you would like to hear more about our christian drama Worthy I am producing please visit our site.
http://themovieworthy.com/
Thank you for your support and donations!
We are currently in pre-production on Worthy and hope to begin filming Fall-Winter 2019.
We are currently working on our guided curriculum on our educational film Empty and slated to begin filming in 2020-2021.

If you would like to be a producer on these projects, Please email me: sherry.hudak@yahoo.com.






No comments: