Powered By Blogger

Monday, April 22, 2019

BREAKTHROUGH...The healing language of love!

Have you ever heard someone say they don’t believe in god? 
We’ve all heard no one person can be an island and people need people.
Does love in of itself fix everything? 
Have you ever witnessed a miracle? 
Do you know what a “grace” is?

The film BREAKTHROUGH is about a 14 year old boy played by Marcel Ruiz who is drowns in a lake, a faithful mother played by Crissy Metz who prays for him to come back from the brink of death and to be treated. 

As I watched BREAKTHROUGH I wondered how many people would walk away from the theater and become a believer. I understood the power of prayer in my personal life like many of you reading my blog. It has not gone un-noticed the number of supporters that have follow me and struggle with an eating disorder, addiction, depression or suicidal tendencies. 

As a mother to a healthy twelve year old daughter, I am a proud christian who doesn’t take life for granted. Unfortunately my mom lost my brother and her only son at the age of thirty. We too prayed for a miracle like you see in the film BREAKTHROUGH. Over a period of two years we accepted god’s will for his life and said our goodbyes. 

I will forever remember my mother praying over my brother asking god to heal him for he knew it was him alone that had ultimate control.

My brother stopped walking, talking and eating about a week before he went into a coma. I will forever remember the amazing grace god gave me ten days into my brother fell into a coma. It was a typical day. I washed his face, hands and feet. I talked to him, told him I loved him and reminded him I knew he could hear me. I prayed silently, did the sign of the cross on myself and my brother as well. I hugged him and kisses his forehead. I slowly walked to the front door. I feared every day I left it might be the last time I would see him before he passed away. As I approached the door I turned around and told him I love you! Something felt different. I didn’t want to leave. Within a minute after telling him I loved him he moved his arm. I said, “Robby, your hear me! I know you do!! And after ten days of being in a coma he said, “I love you!” I couldn’t believe it. This I know was a gift. I felt so extremely grateful. I knew the tumor reached his brainstem and he would never walk or eat again. I knew he would eventually die. But, I never thought I would hear him talk again let alone hear him tell me he loved me. I walked over  to my mom and gave her a hug and thanked her for being strong. Her faith is god carried all of us through this difficult period of time.

When I left that day I kept playing over in my mind two specific incidences.
1.  About three months before my brother stopped talking and walking we had a conversation about my health.  He told me to start living instead of dying. I felt so selfish for being trapped in the mindset of an anorexic knowing his fate, future and days were limited. I promised I would work one day at a time to regain control over my life. I won’t lie it was difficult. I wished I could take back the fifteen years. I felt trapped in my body and obsessive thinking. However, his suffering inspired me to begin my journey towards a better way of living. This journey would take another fifteen years to fully open my eyes to god’s amazing gifts he had in store for me. 

2. The other moment that wouldn’t escape my mind was when I was 80lbs passed out and my mom called the EMS, the first of many. My mom prayed that day more then ever before. I felt ashamed for the pain I was causing in my families life. Yet I was determined to pick up the pieces of my life. I felt the love and devotion Crissy Metz had for her son in the film BREAKTHROUGH. 

Today I can say without a doubt GOD IS REAL !!
Love is vital to the healing process. I am so grateful for films like BREAKTHROUGH that will allow for families to open up about the topics of conversation about god his healing love and power to change our lives. I can only hope as a producer on our film WORTHY you will walk away without questioning god is real as well. Just as important we must acknowledge god has an amazing plan for each and every one of us, there is a driving force that is trying to keep us from seeing his will for our life. 

OUR FILM WORTHY WILL EXPOSE THE LIES OF SATAN AND HIS ONE DESIRE AND THAT IS TO SABOTAGE OUR RELATIONSHIPS WITH GOD AND EACHOTHER!

Thank you for your continued support by reading, sharing and liking  my blog!  
My memoir MISUNDERSTOOD will be released in 2020!

For more info about our film WORTHY...visit our facebook page: WORTHY-THE MOVIE 🎥





No comments: